Email is one of the most important communication platforms in today’s digital age. It has completely wiped out the old and traditional mail and post system, which took days and even months to reach, whereas Email lets a person communicate and send file to another one within a second throughout the globe.
The first email service was paid one, but with the invention of the Hotmail, it became social and commercial being a free service. Afterwards, many companies or email service providers followed suit and started offering free mail service to people. Earlier, emails were just simple and sleek, with just option of sending text in a very basic textual interface. Today, it has emerged as an all-inclusive feature, where email service not only offers option of sending textual mail, but also images, videos and other attachments. An email application is included with various features and integration such as calendar, document synchronization, data storage, groups and many more.
Use of Email
- An email is basically used to send textual information and other kinds of useful and transferable file attachment from one person to another.
- An email is also more efficiently used in today’s digital age by businesses and the online internet marketing companies for their various internal process, and communication process.
- An email address also functions as the online address of a person to function various kinds of online process like internet banking, making profiles on social networks, online shopping, and so.
Errors with email
Being a web based application; an email application may also suffer some kind of errors and issues that hinders the communication process between people. These issues may black all types of communication medium and affect the business and service processes in a larger manner. Such types of condition do require a stiff and effectual email troubleshooting for resolution.
The first thing to look for is to search for the error and find out if it can be curtailed and repaired by the user himself.
Below mentioned are some of the common issues of email errors and their troubleshooting methods:
- Email Not Sent: This usually happens when there is some problem with internet connection. Check that the internet connection is working properly, and resolve if there are any issues and then send the email again. Also sometimes, the email service provider’s gets down and so it stops functioning well which means that a user cannot send an email during that time, and has to wait for the email service to resume soon.
- Domain Name not found: In this case, the email gets bounced back accompanied with a rejection message of failure, detailing the technical cause of the mail rejection. Usually, this happens due to a non-viable email address or wrong spelling of the complete email id being used by the sender.
- Mailbox full: If in some condition the mail is rejected with a message saying “mailbox is full” or as “Quota has been exceeded”. This implies that the recipients email address has used all its allotted mail storage space and so no longer can receive new mails, until some space is freed.
- Blocked IP Address: Sometimes there is spam mailing by some users, which causes different ISPs and email applications to block that IP address, which makes it unable for the user to send emails. Sometimes cyber criminals also hack people’s IP addresses and make them bystanders in such a fraudulent activity. In such a scenario, the only email troubleshooting method a user can apply is to contact the mail service and detail them about the issue.
- Other problems: Sometimes a user can also face situations when the mail is not sent, but there is no incoming message about the issue pertaining to that mail failure (just like with the spam issue). This happens when there is some sort of problem with the attachments like image, or other text.
Not only for sending but some issues also lets people do not receive mails from others, in such a scenario, the problem might be with the SMTP server and they need to contact their service provider for complete email troubleshooting.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.