There are numerous ways brands can maximize Google+ Hangouts. It can be used for internal meetings with employees or online conferences with clients overseas. It can be a platform for launching product demos and tutorials or for holding trainings and webinars. It can be a tool for providing technical support to customers who have specific queries about how certain products work.
How To Have A Successful Google+ Hangout
Know the secrets on having a successful Hangout. Let this be a guide when you launch a digital marketing campaign for your brand.
- It’s all about the topic. Just like how killer contents are important in building follower engagement, the same goes with Hangout. Ensure that your topic offers valuable and useful information to your viewers. Spice it up and make it interesting, trending and newsworthy. For Q&A assemblies, invite influencers and industry leaders as they are key players to holding a winning event. Not only that, you can equally tap into their following too so you can expand reach to a wider audience.
- Nothing beats a good preparation. This pertains to the flow of the entire Hangout. How exactly will it go? Make sure that you have prepared proper introductions to your panel. Have an agenda ready and assign appropriate timing so as to avoid lengthy and boring discussions. Stick to your schedule although consider adding a little grace period for people who may run a little late. Remind all participants to logon early so you can take this opportunity to meet and greet in case someone has last-minute questions and suggestions. For first-timers, require test hangouts so they’ll get a feel on how it works. You can cover the basics such as how to be engaging in front of the camera as well as where to conduct their speech that’s free from outside noise. Rehearse your part well – make eye contact with the webcam and if necessary, use a teleprompter app to guide you through the entire talk. Don’t forget to check your upload speed to prevent possible internet connection issues later on.
- Integrate with Events. Set it up so that you can both stream live recording and record it to YouTube. Incorporate Hangouts On Air and post the embed link to Google+ Event for all the viewers to see and click.
- Maintain brand presence. Establish a powerful message by making certain that everything works together – your wardrobe is neat and has subtle branding on it; background is professional and in line with the tone you are trying to convey; lighting is good; audiovisual equipment is flawless; camera control is in your hands for a smoother flow of conversation. Create a consistent look not only on your end but on your every guest as well. Additionally, echo this by designing a template to be integrated to your Events announcement on Google+.
- Promote. Think about giving teasers to increase sign-ups and build excitement. Blog about it and encourage participation by inviting your audience to post their questions using a hash tag. Design a landing page on your website solely for this activity. Optimize every aspect by making the content and descriptions keyword-rich and easy to search and find. Remember to tag your panelists when you promote on other social channels.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.