Internet marketing could be summed up through few words, big brands, mobile and Google updates. If you give a retrospective glance at the events and the technology advancements that shaped up 2012, naturally it’s high time that we look forward to what’s in store in 2013. When a business tries to shape up its future, the first thing that it thinks of is to invade the online market as without this it is impossible to target the largest number of online visitors. There is no one who can take a crystal ball and predict what’s going to be seen in 2013 but the experts can certainly predict the future in order to help avoid being penalized by Google due to the changing algorithm.
Here are some internet marketing trends that you can take into account if you want to build a successful future for your business.
- An increase in the value of “second screen”: You need not wonder about the meaning of ‘second screen’ as it means nothing but the surge in the value of marketing through mobile phones. More than 80% of the world has access to different kinds of mobile devices and therefore an internet marketer shouldn’t make the mistake of ignoring the value of offering a mobile value to their clients and brands. The internet marketers are being tasked to make their websites more mobile-friendly and this means that the people should be able to access websites smoothly on their mobile devices.
- Gamification will be on a rise: Game-design applications will be on the rise as the users are always looking for fun and more engagement with their devices. Applying game design to non-gaming applications will therefore see an increase and it will see a tipping point in 2013.New startups, big brands and each and every company will spend more money and resources on gamifying their services and products in 2013. Easy-to-use platforms like PunchTab and BigDoor will also rise in 2013.
- Focus on inbound marketing will also see an increase: With the growth of social media marketing, the marketers usually invest in adding a new value to things. Inbound marketing is a type of marketing where brands spend their resources to provide content and conversation and other valuable resources through which they can easily attract customers for their websites, products without paid marketing.
- Designing will be the king: Keeping in mind the growing importance of inbound marketing and the drift towards enhanced data visualization comes a rising bar which revolves around web designing. The designing community will grow in leaps and bounds and this will be the most vital trend that will be seen in 2013. Never before has there been such demand for web designing.
- Local marketing will gradually go mainstream: The local companies previously didn’t have so many tools through which they could understand how local search engine results could be improved. Websites like GetListed has already made local marketing easier to manage and it also comes at a price that will be affordable by the small business organizations. 2013 will bring more improvements to this area.
Therefore, when you’re about to make your field in the internet marketing field, you should take into account the predominant trends that is going to rule 2013. Consider the above mentioned points and take measured and informed SEO decisions.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.