Oh! So, you are dealing with Netgear Router Error 651.
Don’t worry this issue is nothing but a common window error and the issue generates because of any connected device notified an alert or notification.
If you are also the one who is facing the same issue then congratulations, not because you are dealing with the trouble because you are in the right place.
In this article, we will elaborate 5 ways to fix Netgear Router Error 651. You just must follow each step as mentioned below.
Without wasting more time, let’s focus on the methods to resolve the issue.
1. Reconnect the router first
To solve the error this is one of the easiest ways. You just must turn the router off for a while and then turn it ON after some time.
In case you are using the LAN network, then unplug all the USB cables and then reconnect them after a while.
2. Reset TCP/IP on PC
If the above method will not work for you then you can jump to this method. But before moving further let us tell you that TCP means Transmission Control Protocol and IP stands for Internet Protocol.
In the private network TCP/IP used as a communication protocol.
- When logging into the windows, make sure that you are having administrator rights.
- Then you must start by giving a command prompt.
- Now copy this command “netsh int ip reset reset.log”
- Now hit the enter button.
- At last, reboot your computer system.
We are sure that this method will surely solve the issue for you. In case you would fail to solve the issue applying this method then you can jump to the next one.
3. Re-establish the Dial-Up connection
There are the possibilities that your device got hanged during the connection and that is the reason why you are facing Netgear Router Error 651.
To solve the trouble, you can try to recreate the dial-up connection. To do so you first must click on the “Dial-up or broadband connection” and then select “create a copy”. After that delete all your existing connections.
Follow the steps to do this task:
- Click on “network and sharing center” and then select “change adapter settings”.
- Now you just must click on the “broadband” or the “dial-up connection”
- After that just choose the “create a copy” option.
- Soon after you will do that it will create a copy of the current connection.
- You need to delete all old connections and reestablish new connection.
4. Boot the Computer System in Safe Mode
In this method, you just must boot your computer in safe mode and then disable the current antivirus that you are using now.
Oh! So, you didn’t get anything, chill and just follow the steps that are given below.
- Turn your computer system ON and then reboot it.
- Turn the power button and when your computer will be in its initial stage to gets started, press the F8 button.
- Press the until you will see the option of the “advanced boot options” menu.
- To highlight your section, you can use the navigation keys.
- By choosing the “safe mode” with networking you can press the enter button.
- Wait until the driver will not be loaded.
- You will then see a welcome screen and now you can log in with the “administrative privileges” account.
If you will find that this method is not working then you can disable the security software.
5. Perform the Clean Boot
To perform the clean boot, you must perform the following steps
- From the start menu, search for “msconfig.exe”.
- Then click on this to launch the window configuration.
- Now you must select the Load startup items and for the same, you first must click on “general tab” and then “selective startup”.
- By going to the “services” tab you have to check “Hide all Microsoft services”
- To disable the other services, now you must click on “disable”.
- To perform a clean boot, restart the computer now.
Let’s End It Here
We hope that you have understood all the steps to resolve the issue of Netgear router Error 651. We have included all the necessary steps so that you can easily solve the issue.
We don’t want that you will waste your money on some useless shops who will take a long time and a huge amount of money and that is the reason we have provided you with this small guide to troubleshoot the issue of Netgear Router Error 651.
Don’t get panic whenever you will face such issues. They can be resolved easily and for that, you just need a full research article like the one that you are reading right now.
One more thing, it’s a very common issue and that doesn’t mean that Netgear routers are not trustworthy.
Always remember one thing, “it’s not about the device, it’s about the way you treat that.”