There are many reasons why you need to extract MP3 files from DVD movies or rip DVDs to MP3. Singers will release their own music DVDs, and comedians will also burn their own shows on DVDs for their fans to collect and watch. Although these can be played in MP3 players, there is not enough space here to accommodate large Sized DVD audio content, which means that if you want to enjoy the DVD on an MP3 player or a portable device, you must extract the audio track from the DVD before you can play the file.
However, “extracting audio tracks from video” sounds like a professional topic, beyond the skills of our ordinary users, so we need to use some professional DVD ripping tools to complete it. However, some of today’s rippers on the market are expensive and ineffective, making it difficult to rip and copy. Today, this article will cover 2 easy ways to guide you to rip DVD to MP3.
1. Extract MP3 files from DVD online
The first method to be introduced is how to extract audio files from DVD online. Which is a simple and handy way, because you don’t need to download and install any application on your computer to rip DVD to MP3, AC3, AAC, FLAC, M4A and other audio formats. The entire process is done online and the ripped files can be stored directly in the cloud. Next, you will see detailed steps. (take Zamzar as an example)
Step 1: Visit the official website and import your DVD files.
Please go the official website and click “Add Files” to load your DVD files, or you can choose to drag and drop files.
Step 2: Pick the output format – MP3.
Please click on the “Convert to” button and pull down the list to find “Music Formats” and select “MP3” as the output format.
Step 3: Click the “Convert Now” button to start the conversion of your DVD file to MP3 music file.
- Free resources without payment.
- No software download required.
- Various format types, including document format, image format, video format, etc.
- Free conversion is only available for files under 150MB, and continued use will require an upgrade to a paid plan.
- Needs Internet connection.
2. Extract MP3 files from DVD offline
Although extracting MP3 files from DVD online is convenient and has no installation requirements, it still has disadvantages that cannot be ignored. You must use the online software smoothly when you have an Internet connection, which makes it difficult for us to rip DVDs during our travel and business trips, so we need to choose a solution that we can rip DVD offline. To achieve this, we need a practical, simple and powerful DVD ripping device. So we recommend WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro, a feature-rich ripping tool, not only can rip DVD to audio format, but also help you more, next, let’s take a closer look at it.
Features of WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro
- Rip DVD to 300+ formats and devices, including MPG, MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, Apple, Huawei, Sony, Samsung, Nokia and more.
- Automatic recognition of main movie from 99 titles.
- Copy detected TV series, TV programs, DVD movies.
- Edit the DVD movies with adding effects, cutting, clipping, cropping, merging and more.
- Extract subtitles from DVD.
- Back up scratched DVD.
- 1:1 copy DVD to ISO Image and DVD Folder.
How to extract MP3 files from DVD with WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro?
Step 1: Install the program and import DVD files.
Please install WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro on your computer and insert the CD-ROM drive, then open the software and select the appropriate source to load your DVD file. (DVD Disc, DVD Folder and ISO Image)
Step 2: Select MP3 as the output format.
Please enter the “Output Format” unit from the right side of the software, then click on “Audio” and select “MP3”.
Step 3: Click “Run” button to extract MP3 files from DVD.
- Rip DVD without internet connection after downloading software.
- Various formats and devices for you to choose.
- Easy to use.
- Besides ripping DVDs, you can also edit DVDs and so on.
- No restrictions on file size.
- Fast processing speed and HD output quality.
- A program for Windows.
We often encounter beautiful music unexpectedly while watching DVD movies, it is necessary to separate them from DVD and save them on local disk. Here are two methods for your reference, each has its own advantages and disadvantages. You can choose it based on your actual needs and preferences. If you just need to extract a certain audio from the DVD temporarily, the first method is available to you, but it is only limited to ripping formats. If you are a DVD movie fan and often need to rip DVD formats, then it is recommended to use the second method because it is a versatile ripping software. If you have more ways to share with us, please leave a comment below.