Getting Started With Twitter
Are you considering getting started with Twitter? It’s a great platform for social media, and it’s a lot of fun to boot! Getting started with Twitter is really simple, and it’s a good way to dip your toes into the world of social media.
In this article, we’re going to explore how to get started with Twitter, and help you decide some of the most important things that you need. Read on for more!
Choosing a User Name
Your user name (in the old days, we called it a “handle”) is what you will be known as by the Twitter community. Pick a name that suits you. If you’re using it as part of your business, get this user name as close to your business as possible. If you have a nickname that you go by, or a screen name that you frequently use, use that. Don’t go too crazy with it, because it will stick with you for awhile if you stick with the Twitter thing.
Finding people to follow
Part of Twitter is the interaction. Do you have friends that have Twitter accounts? Follow them right away, of course. But who else should you be following? Who will follow you on Twitter? Who else will catch your attention? Here are some criteria that can help you to find other people to follow on Twitter.
– What are you interested in?
– What hobbies do you have?
– Do you have any favorite TV shows/movies/bands?
– What public figures do you like?
– Do you have any organizations that you feel passionate about?
Many companies, organizations, TV shows, actors, and a variety of other things are found on Twitter. Also, following these people can help you find other people to follow. Soon enough, your Twitter feed will be full of interesting people and you will have your own little following as well!
Your first tweet
You’ve got 140 characters to say whatever you want to say. What are you going to say? Here are some tips to help you navigate your Twitter posts.
– Be yourself. Don’t try to be someone else when you tweet.
– Retweet stuff that you like which other people are saying. This is great for community building and you could be passing on some interesting information!
– Reply to what others say to you. Twitter is a conversational tool, use it as it is intended to be used!
– Mention other users in your posts, especially if what you say may be relevant to them and/or their interests.
– Just say what you’re thinking! Don’t get too personal, but throw out your thoughts and let it guide you.
– Ask questions, sometimes people will respond in ways you never expected.
If you are looking for more tips on getting started with Twitter, check out what the Twitter team has to say about getting started with Twitter. Enjoy getting started with Twitter, and start using it to its fullest potential.
About Author: Noelle Spencer loves sharing tips about Twitter through her blog posts. She is also a real Twitter addict herself and uses it every day.
One thought on “Getting Started With Twitter”
Really liked the post. Thanks
Comments are closed.