This article will walk you through the complete process of creating a blog on WordPress. All the important steps are covered in this article and with a little practice you can develop a really good blog on WordPress.
You don’t have to worry if you do not know how to use it. It is very easy and allows the user to incorporate a lot of powerful features which can help increase the earnings made via the blog. These features include ease of use, powerful plugins and a template system for the web. It makes use of the template processor and allows you to employ a template suiting the brand of your blog. You wouldn’t have to waste long hours to make a template. You would be able to get a really nice template and just fill in with the information about the blog.
To proceed further, the following steps are to be followed:
- Visit your website using a browser like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or some other suitable one. For example, http://technogiants.net/
- Now you are required to click “cPanel login”. There might be case when you would not be able to see the “cPanel login” button. In such a case, type the address in the browser address bar and then enter slash and then cPanel. For example, if you cannot see the “cPanel login” on the address http://technogiants.net/ then you might as well try http://technogiants.net/cpanel.
- Now, you have to type the username and password that you had chosen when you made this purchase from the “web hosting” provider.
- Now, use the scroll to move down and look for “Software/Services”
- Click the “Simple Scripts”
Now, the first and foremost step after clicking the “Simple Script” under the “Software/Services” is to locate “WordPress” icon and click on it. After clicking you will be taken to a new screen where you would be asked to select the version of WordPress. It is advised that you go for the latest version in that matter.
Once you are done with all the aforementioned steps, you are not required to do the following in the given order:
- The domain name is to be selected.
- You will see a “subfolder”. Keep it empty.
- Now, the next step is to name your blog. Keep in mind that you have to name it in such a way that it represents the blog in the perfect manner. Moreover, the best way is to name your blog the same as your domain name.
- After naming the blog, the next step is to enter the tagline. Keep in mind that you cannot enter the tagline just like that. It is recommended that you spend some good amount of time on choosing the right tagline for your blog. Brainstorm for the perfect ideas that represent your blog in the perfect manner. If you are unclear about the idea, then it is recommended that you enter anything in the box because you can always change it later.
- The box against the “Generate Admin Login” should be unchecked. This step will enable you to choose your own admin login.
- Now, choose your own Admin user name and a password for that. Keep it safe as you will be needing it for the purpose of logging in. Once logged in, you will have every access to write the posts, update them and make all the changes possible. In an ideal case, it is suggested that you keep it different from the username and password of cPanel.
- The box for the option “automatically create a new database” is to be kept checked.
- Make sure you check the legal agreement.
- Now, you have to click “complete”.
Now, once you are done with these steps, you are done with most of the presetting process. Once you have clicked complete after filling the relevant information and checking the associated boxes, you will receive a confirmation email.
If you have got tired till this point, you might want to take a break now. So the basic process for blog on WordPress is completed now and you can grab a snack for yourself now.
To proceed further enter the following in the address bar of your browser:
According to the example, it would be:
You have to use the username and password for the signing in process now. Once done, you will be directed to the WordPress dashboard where you will have control over everything. You will be able to customize the blog in terms of designing and all the other features that you can think of. Moreover, you will have the capacity to make the posts, edit them and do loads of other stuff.