It’s A New Era of Marketing – Search Engine Optimization
Every business aims to develop as a big name in the market and build a strong client base. Advertising or marketing a business is a key to achieving these business goals. A few years ago, the techniques of advertising were very different as catchy jingles and campaign taglines used to give persona and lifestyle like features to the products. There was no Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other popular social media channels, long before. But still, brands were successful in building a following of people who love to drive their car, use their cosmetics or wear their clothing brands. This is because these brands went beyond service. Their products and their brand became lives of the people who they loved to lead.
In the era before the Internet, it was simply impossible for the companies to get off the ground without a push from an outstanding marketing campaign. The only ways of communication or promoting any product was possible through TV stations, radios and morning newspapers. Print newspaper advertisements, television & radio commercials were the only ways through which brands used to connect with consumers. Many brands became ruled and dominated the marketplace. And it nearly impossible for newcomers to even stand against those established brands. That’s why their entry was, by and large, prohibited.
But what feels like the end is actually the begging of new innings. With the advent of the Internet, the whole concept of marketing changed and it was creative marketing that started overpowering the old traditional marketing techniques. Now every business, big or small, were on the leveled ground. Men and women could create something new and innovative and search engines could let their creation reach to the masses, without spending huge marketing dollars. An SEO age made it possible for geeks to start their own company with a nice idea and technical expertise. And advertising ease and awesomeness lifted them further.
There are several companies that thrived in the SEO era, for example, Wikipedia, Yelp, TripAdvisor, Trulia and many more. SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a set of rules that every website owner needs to follow to optimize their websites for search engines and improve their search engine rankings. SEO is also a great way through which you can enhance and improve the quality of websites by making it faster, user-friendly and easier to navigate.
SEO is the finest way through which you can bring qualified leads and potential traffic to your website. Moreover, it has been proved to provide better ROI than traditional forms of marketing like print ads and TV advertisements. SEO gives you a business visibility, web traffic, branding, a high ROI, credibility, and insight into customer behavior.
Why is it important?
Businesses make a website so that they can reach their customers and generate leads. They know this is an Internet era where everything is going digital, both buying and selling. SEO makes it easy for both search engines and users to find you out over the web. Millions of users search over these search engines looking for answers to their questions and they trust these search engines for the most suitable and genuine answers.
SEO is necessary because:
- Those who use search engines for their queries; they prefer top 5 results pages. It would be beneficial to take advantage of this as it will help you gain visitors to your website and even leads. But you have to be in the top positions.
- SEO doesn’t mean top rankings through good SEO practices, but it also means improving the user experience and usability of a website.
- Users search their queries on search engines because they trust them. Grabbing one of the top positions through correct SEO strategy or efforts, increase the website’s trust.
- If you really know about marketing, then you must be aware of social marketing. Social channels are the best method to promote your website. If your website has a good search engine reach, then there is a possibility that Google and Yahoo will promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels.
- In order to run a website smoothly, SEO is an important aspect. Websites with more than one author can do well from SEO point of view in a direct and indirect way. Their direct benefit is an increase in search engine traffic and an indirect benefit is having a familiar framework that they can use for publishing content on the website.
- SEO can make you reach ahead in the competition. If you and your competition are selling same goods at same prices, then search engine optimization of your website will help you to have more customers and make more sales.
What Are The Main Stages Of SEO?
The two main stages of SEO are:
There are 15 most elements of on-site SEO that you need to take care of. These SEO tips will help you build a solid and reliable network that is absolutely safe. These include:
- Page Titles and Descriptions
- Permanent link structure
- Internal links
- Text formatting and the use of H1, H2 and H3
- The 404 Page
- Image Optimization
- Page Speed
- Get Links from Other Websites
- Mobile friendly websites
- User Sitemap
- Checking external links
- Webmaster tools and Analytics
Apart from making changes on your website to make it rank well on search engine result pages, the other way to improve your website’s ranking is through off-site SEO techniques. Off-site SEO involves website promotional. You need to follow a proper way to promote a website which involves techniques and methods than building links.
Given below are some the factors that deal with off-page SEO.
- Social Networking
- Forum Postings
- Directory Submission
- Social Bookmarking
- Link Exchange
- Link Baiting
- Photo Sharing
- Video Promotions
- Business Reviews
- Local Listings & Yellow Pages
- Content Submission
- Document Sharing
- PPC Ad Campaign
What can you do to get more links?
This is perhaps a very important question. We personally believe that one should forget about building links and concentrate more on creating quality content for the website. If you have a good content on your website or blog, you will get natural links which in turn will give you good rankings as well as traffic. If you will run behind getting links and even get them by some way or the other, the success you may gain will be temporary.
To sum it up, SEO is a great technique to optimize your website so that it will perform well on search engine rankings. A good SEO approach can drive more traffic to your website and can also help you gain more visitors, make sales and fulfill your business purpose.
One thought on “It’s A New Era of Marketing – Search Engine Optimization”
Thank you Vaibhav for a brief article on SEO. If you would have to select one link building activity which one that would be? I am doing some research so your input would be valuable!
Comments are closed.