Last updated: March 4th, 2016
TagScanner is a multifunction program for organizing and managing your music collection. It supports editing almost all the common audio formats like MP3, OGG, Musepack, Monkey’s Audio, FLAC, AAC, OptimFROG, SPEEX, WavePack, TrueAudio, WMA, MP4 files. It can rename files based on the tag information, perform any transformations of the text from tags, and generate tag information from file names by working with file and folder names, or online databases (Freedb, Tractype, Amazon, Discogs). TagScanner can handle embedded lyrics and cover art too.
The information retrieved by TagScanner can sometimes be hit or miss in accuracy but it saves a hell of a lot of time. TagScanner is a very powerful tag editor that will surely save you time although you may find that automatically retrieved tags are not 100% accurate. TagScanner comes with a built-in audio player allowing you to listen while the program works.
TagScanner is compatible with all the standards you need. You can set the file name format (e.g. album, artist, title, track), change the case, set standard values and enable transliteration, restructure the files on disc based on tag information, as well as trim file names for maximum length.
- Rename files based on the tag and file information
- Powerful multiple files tag editor
- Import tag information from an online databases like freedb or Amazon
- Manual text-search for information in freedb
- Generate tag information from file/foldernames
- Tag fields formatting and rearrangement
- Words replacement and case conversion from tags and filenames
- Supports MP3, OGG, Musepack, Monkey’s Audio, FLAC, AAC, OptimFROG, SPEEX, WavPack, TrueAudio, WMA, MP4 files
- Supports ID3 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4 tags, APE v1 and v2 tags, Vorbis Comments, WMA tags and MP4(iTunes) metadata
- Supports for embedded lyrics and cover art
- Resize cover art for portable devices on the fly
- TAGs versions conversions
- Quick playlists creation
- Export information to HTML, XML CSV or any user-defined format
- Full support for Unicode
- Multilanguage interface
- Built-in multiformat player
For more information and download, visit the website.