5 Most Common Mistakes Made While Choosing A Toll Free Number
A toll free number is a great addition to your business, if chosen wisely. Here are five most common mistakes that you should avoid when choosing toll free number.
1. Using numbers instead of letters to represent a word
Here are two examples:
Which of the two examples, do you think, is easier to remember? Perhaps only a few will pick the first one, if not everyone.
The lesson here is to choose how to use letters and form a word to represent your toll free number instead of a number string. In the first example it may cost less than the later one initially, but might save you thousands on the cost of advertising later on.
2. Using your company or business name
Unless your business is extremely popular in your niche, avoid using it. The idea in choosing a toll free number is to choose something that is easy to remember and at the same time will create a good impression on your customers.
Some of the good choices are the numbers that spell the industry where your business belongs, something similar to (1-800-WELLNESS) or numbers that describe your unique value proposition, like (1-800-NOSWEAT).
3. Number string that is hard to spell
Avoid choosing a number string with Q or Z in it, since those that are hard to spell. The ideal combination is one that is easy to remember and spell at the same time.
4. Choosing other prefixes instead of 800 or 888
Even those who use toll free numbers often would find it a bit difficult to remember 877 or 866 prefix, for instance. Therefore, your first priority should be the prefix that everyone is familiar with – 800. Then, your second option would be 888.
5. Not choosing a number that you can easily connect to your brand for marketing purposes
Your toll free number can be the gateway for your business. This way, you can increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your marketing campaign. Use it to build and strengthen your brand.
Here are few tips when choosing your toll free number
- Choose your toll free provider carefully. Check reviews online, but make sure that you also consider the reliability of the reviewer.
- Check the features that come with the toll free number. See if these features match your needs or preferences. Look out for bonuses.
- Be sure to compare offers from at least three different service providers. This will give you an advantage to get the best possible deal.
- If the number you want is not available (maybe because of its popularity), what you can do is to look up the keywords that rate and would best describe your business.
- Decide whether you wish to own the number or you just need to lease it. You need to clear these options from your provider. Some providers will only allow you to lease the number.
Now you know the five common mistakes in choosing a toll free number as well as some tips to help you pick the right number. You can proceed to select the best number, as long as you are careful with your choice.
About Author: Renuka Rana, Editor at TheRealPBX spends considerable part of her time in writing about technology including cloud hosting and Hosted PBX. When not writing, she loves to dig deeper into knowing the best and the latest technology in industry.
One thought on “5 Most Common Mistakes Made While Choosing A Toll Free Number”
Fantastic post and great read – very helpful. Many thanks, I appreciate it!
Comments are closed.