Over the years, Google has tweaked and configured its algorithm to rank websites on search engines better. For instance, Google now prioritizes high-quality links and gives them higher search rankings. This change has compelled organizations to put a premium on link building in their digital marketing efforts.
Building links that are relevant and highly valuable can be tricky. As Google’s algorithm becomes more and more sophisticated, it also becomes much more stringent on how it ranks websites. Indeed, establishing proper link building is not an easy feat, yet there are many white hat tactics—strategies that maintain website integrity—that can help you implement effective link building.
7 Link Building Strategies Which Actually Work
In today’s post, I am going to show case 7 link building strategies which are actually going to work in the year 2020. So, that way, you are going to find the best option for you and your business in this year. Now, let’s jump right in…
1. Write Quality Guest Posts
Guest blogging for trustworthy websites is a great way to build high-quality links. However, it’s important to contribute guest posts about your area of expertise to trusted platforms. Keep the following in mind to bring the best value in guest posting:
- Choose Publications Wisely. While it can be tempting to contribute to every website or blog that is willing to accept guest posts, it’s key that you study them carefully first. Contributing to authority websites with a large following can boost your audience and help you grow exponentially. But a single guest post on a website that has had some controversy or mishap can be detrimental to your brand.
- Study Their Posts. You don’t want to be unoriginal in your guest posting. Ensure that you can offer fresh content. It’s important to check their archives and their writing guidelines and standards to avoid any delays.
- Create Content Accordingly. If you’ve done your homework, it would be easy for you to create meaningful content that readers will like and potentially share on their own social media accounts or lead them into visiting your website.
2. Maximize Your Network
Building good relationships can result in good link building. For example, building contacts by contributing relevant and meaningful comments on forums and discussion threads can be an excellent opportunity to connect with other organizations. These social groups typically include bloggers and other experts that can invite you to their platforms and connect you with other organizations as well, which opens doors to more link building possibilities. Furthermore, they can also give valuable insights that you can use to create content and implement strategies.
3. Stay Current and Up to Date
By now, you’ve probably heard of newsjacking. Newsjacking is writing about the latest news and leveraging it to put forth your brand. It’s a great way to connect with your audience and establish the importance and value of your brand or product.
Apart from that, Google rewards links that are fresh and current. So, if you’re fast enough and one of the very first to publish a newsjack post, you’ll rank higher in search engines. Other publications can also link to your content when they write their own article.
4. Take Advantage of Visual Content
What makes visuals so great is that they’re easily shareable. There’s more opportunity to earn quality links faster.
While some organizations think that creating compelling visuals is impossible on a tight budget, many free and inexpensive digital platforms with easy-to-use drag-and-drop interfaces are now widely available. They allow individuals without technical or design expertise to easily and cost-effectively create visual content.
Just keep in mind that some organizations are also adopting these tools, and it’s up to you to ensure that your visuals stand out from the rest of the crowd.
5. Research and Perform Data Analysis
Conducting research can help show that you’re putting in the work to understand your industry and improve your brand. Such research can be done in multiple ways and can result in earning high-quality links:
- Relevant surveys are likely to get links. For example, if you’re a cybersecurity solutions company, you can conduct a survey about a specific topic to IT leaders in a certain industry. The surveys can result in interesting findings, which you can publish and create into engaging and insightful content later on. If it’s highly valuable, many organizations in the same industry and even beyond will pick it up.
- Case Studies- If surveys show that you’re working on understanding your industry and showing off your expertise, case studies represent the success that these efforts have achieved. Case studies are proof that you’re delivering high value to your customers and are ahead of your competition. Thought leaders would likely cite your case study if they’re effective.
- Data Analysis- Any conducted research requires proper data analysis. Data is important as they’re usually used as a jump-off point to many important discussions online, especially with organizations that look to disrupt the market.
A properly executed and reported data-driven content can establish authority and can boost your reputation, which leads to more backlinks and higher search rankings.
6. Compile and Use Links from Authority Sites
You don’t always need to create content from scratch to build credibility. Publishing a helpful resource list—a landing page with links from trusted sites—can show your target audience that you know what you’re talking about. It will also make it easy for them to find blogs or articles that can help them understand topics in a certain niche.
Resource lists or articles typically include a short introduction on each heading, subheadings, and lists. Such elements make it easy to read and scan, especially when it’s long and comprehensive.
Remember, the number of valuable links is important. But if you think creating resource lists is too much for you, you can start with publishing a few resource articles. You can later expand them to landing pages.
7. Adopt the Right Mindset
The previously mentioned link building strategies can help you establish your presence and grow your brand online. While it can be tempting to try other ways that can see results faster, implementing white hat strategies can promise more sustainable outcomes. It also helps you avoid regulatory fines and instill the right attitude and behavior to your entire team.
It won’t be easy, but as long as you create quality content and remain focused on bringing value to your target audience, you’d be on your way in the right direction. So those are the 7 link building strategies which I have discussed and I hope these will help you guys. Let me know by leaving a comment below right now either they are good or bad.