Last updated: June 5th, 2018
Microsoft Outlook is the most popular email client used in today’s world of technology. Basically, it is an email application that includes calendar, contacts, tasks manager, notes etc. and web browsing. It allows the user to manage all the information in a precise way. As everyone knows that every application, device or machinery has some flaws and limitations associated with it. Similarly, MS Outlook also has some drawbacks i.e. it is prone to various failure and bugs like ‘Microsoft Outlook failed to start correctly last time’ error.
These types of errors interrupt the user’s important work. Most of the times users are not able to find a simple and reliable solution to fix this issue. Thus, with the help of this post, we are going to provide a secure and easy solution to eliminate this issue.
Solution to ‘Resolve Outlook Failed to Start Correctly Last Time’ Error
Some of the possible solutions are given below to solve ‘Outlook couldn’t start last time’ error. Follow the manual solutions with steps to fix this MS Outlook error.
Solution 1: Start Outlook in Safe Mode
- First, you have to go to Start and then Run and type Outlook/Safe
- Now, click on the OK button
- After this, you have to enter the password
Solution 2: Disable Add-ins
The Add-ins in Microsoft Outlook may create problems in proper working of the account. Some add-ins may have virus and it can damage the Outlook PST files. So you can try to fix ‘Outlook failed to start correctly last time’ error in Windows OS by disabling unwanted Add-ins in the account.
For Outlook 2010
- First, go to the File tab and then hit Options
- Now, in Outlook Options dialog box you have to select Add-ins
- Select Disabled Items in the Manage list which is present in the Add-ins section of the Outlook Options dialog box
- Click on Go and select the items in the Disabled Item dialog box to again enable a disabled item by clicking on Enable option
- Then click on the Close button and then press OK
For Outlook 2007
- Hit on Tools menu and then click on the Trust Center option
- Now, the Trust Center dialog box will appear, you have to select Add-ins option
- Then in the Add-ins section, you have to select Disabled Items which is present in the Manage list and then click on Go
- To again enable a disabled item, you have to select the item in the Disabled Items dialog box and then press Enable
- Now, close the process and click on OK
Solution 3: Check the Registry
To resolve this ‘Microsoft Outlook failed to start correctly last time’ issue you have to go into the registry on the server. Then search for Resiliency and then you will see that there are few entries (reliant on the number of terminal server users). After this, remove every entry by deleting it that refers to Outlook in this way:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Terminal Server\Install\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Resiliency
Once you delete all the keys, the error will be resolved.
Solution 4: Create a New Outlook Profile
- First, you need to go to Control Panel and then press on Mail option
- Now, in the Mail-Setup Outlook click on Show Profiles and then click on Add option
- In the Profile Name dialog box, type the new name for the profile
- Now, type the correct information from the Auto Account dialog box and click on the Next button
- Wait for few minutes to load the setting. After this, click on the Finish button to fix the ‘Outlook failed to start correctly last time’ error
- The new profile created will be added to the General tab of the Mail dialog box
- Use this profile when starting Microsoft Outlook and select Prompt for a profile to be used and click on the OK
Solution 5: Use Different Profile
- You have to restart Outlook and select a different profile in order to resolve MS Outlook cannot start error
- Hit on the OK button
Solution 6: Repair Data File
- Locate the exe file in the location where the Outlook.exe file is saved
- Now, double-click on it and upload the PST file and scan it
- Repair Outlook data files to fix Outlook couldn’t start correctly last time issue
Solution 7: Run the Command (/resetnavpane)
To run this command, you have to exit Outlook first. Then, go to Start and then Run and type Outlook.exe/resetnavpane command. After that, click on the OK button
Solution 8: Compatibility Mode of Outlook
- Find the exe file and then right-click on it
- Now, select Properties and click on the Compatibility tab
- If you see that any of the items are checked then uncheck them and click on the OK button
- Restart Outlook to remove the error
Automated Solution to Fix ‘Outlook Failed to Start Correctly Last Time’ Error
If a user is unable to eliminate the error by using the solutions given above, then he/she can opt for the automated solution to fix this error that is Outlook Recovery Tool. This is an efficient software that repairs corrupt Outlook PST file and saves recovered Outlook data in multiple file formats like PST, EML, MSG and in Office 365. This utility will definitely fix ‘Microsoft Outlook rejected safe mode action; Outlook couldn’t start last time’ issues.
A technical or a non-technical person both can use this product as it is having an easy-to-use interface. Moreover, it has many advanced features like it supports hard deleted Outlook email recovery, eliminates minor as well as major PST corruptions, no size limitations are associated with this tool etc. Overall, it is a perfect solution to resolve issues faced by users in Outlook.
The communication process of large companies, businesses is dependent on email clients. Moreover, MS Outlook is given maximum priority when it comes to the email clients. So, if a user is facing error like ‘Outlook failed to start correctly last time’, then it is necessary to fix these errors via opting a suitable and reliable solution. It is always advised to go for an automated solution to eliminate this type of error.