Shift from Mobile-Friendly to Mobile-First Approach
The internet has given birth to a world that is variedly known as Mobile-First, and your business needs to embrace this change in order to not miss on any opportunities of Digital marketing and SEO services. As a brand you can reap a huge amount of qualitative harvest as you lay emphasizes on mobile experience with user friendly design principles. Such initiatives will help you compete for visibility in more effective manner.
There is no perfect understanding on how much impact mobile devices have on the online landscapes. But the shift from large screens to pocket-sized touch screens has a huge impact on website design. The building of the website is variedly affected by the mobile first mindset. This can help your business learn ways to build website that keeps the mobile first concept at its centre.
What is Mobile-First Approach?
The term ‘Mobile-First’ may seem like a confusing one, but the word itself is descriptive of its own meaning. The term ‘Mobile-First’ separates the older design philosophy from the newer one. The term Mobile First approach is all that it portrays, designing for the devices with the smallest screens and working its way above later on.
Mobile-First web design is an independent approach that is technical in nature and is utilized why building websites. This approach was introduced by Luke Wroblewski in the year 2009. The technique demands to input a smaller Smartphone screen in the centre of the web development strategy. These permits a business to give primary focus on design elements and the parts of the content that have the major emphasize for your brand and your target market.
Importance of the ‘Mobile-First Approach’
One of the biggest advantages served by the approach of Mobile-First websites is their flexibility and the possibility to adjust to the screen sizes that are larger. These layouts have limited space, which helps to select the elements in more selective manner.
A website that is developed with the approach of Mobile-First is a strong foundation for the tablet and desktop version of your brands website. The content is made more important than navigation when it comes to mobile first web design approach. This will make it quicker and easier for your target audience to come up with essential pieces of the data.
The websites built with the approach of Mobile-First concept deliver a more seamless browsing experience in smaller screens. Apart from this, it can make your web page more findable and visible in the search engines. Google awards the websites for mobile friendliness giving preferences to mobile-first websites that of desktop only web solutions.
The websites built with Mobile-First approach have a few design elements; hence they have enhanced speed. This allows the audience on the web to have a faster access to the necessary data. A brand or a site owner can observe a boost in the conversion rate and a better user engagement rate after the implementation of Mobile-First Approach. Researchers suggest the even a 1 second delay can cause 7% loss on the conversion rates. Hence a brand must adopt this approach for better opportunities.
Advantages of Mobile First Approach
- The implementation of Mobile-First Approach makes sure that the website of your company is a responsive layout, so that audience visiting your website through any means can have an easy access to your website without any hindrances in the layout.
- The implementation of Mobile-First Approach compresses and simplifies your information. This summarized information is turned into a manageable piece of information to avoid mishandling.
- The usage of Mobile Phones across the globe is increasing with a boom. Implementing the approach of Mobile-First on your website is a way to attract more viewers on your website and generate huge traffic on the website resulting into benefits to the process further on.
- Once you have achieved the main functionality of the website after implementing the responsive design, all that you need to do is to add functionality that will be used for the devices that are larger in size, i.e. desktops.
- The user experience is the most important aspect that should be considered and if you are successful in potentially improving that experience you are assured to gain their respect keeping users coming back and increasing consumer loyalty.
- Implementation of a Mobile-First Approach leads to a design that is more content focused making its way to user-focused. Content is the centre of focus for the website and the same applies for the users as well.
The internet has become the present and the future. In other words, internet is becoming more synonymous to mobile these days. Mobile Phones are becoming faster and have more processing power to that of an average desktop. Company websites need to have a responsive web layout and be compatible to these current changes to keep in trend with the internet.
Customers these days have on-the-go lifestyle. They go through the mails, browse the internet at any point of time and at any place. Communication networks are constantly improving themselves to provide quick internet speeds to the customers and hence you as a brand should not miss out on a single opportunity to expand your reach to your target audience.